QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Tuesday 22 April 2014

“My Failed Marriage Distract My Creativity” – Nollywood Actor, Saheed Balogun Talks About Failed Marriage, Career & More

Kwara State born Nollywood Yoruba Actor, Saheed Kolawole Balogun who started acting in 1981 and has over the years, worked with most of the great actors and actresses in Nollywood. He recently spoke to ThisDay Live on his career and marital squabbles.
See excerpts from the interview below and share your thoughts:


I have always wanted to be an actor...
Yes, from the word go, I knew acting was the way to go for me. For me, acting is a spirit. It’s a passion. Acting is me. I am acting, it’s my dream. Someone once said to me that since I know a lot of politicians, I should be a contractor and I said there is a difference between governance, construction and creativity. So, because Governor Aregbesola is my god-father and Remo Adikwu Bakare is my god-mother doesn’t automatically mean I should be collecting contracts.
If you look at it, entertainment is too broad. There’s music, acting, reality shows, compeers, and so much more. So, it’s too broad and I am still exploring it. I really don’t have time to start thinking if anything else away from entertainment. Today I speak Yoruba, Igbo, English and Hausa languages fluently and I am planning to learn French also.

Marital talks distract my creativity….
Well, the situation is that marital talks distract my creativity. Too much talk on this marriage issue did not allow people see what I can deliver in terms of my talent and creativity. It’s not as if I’m shy to talk about it, but the truth is that we have too many other burning issues to talk about rather than dwell on this marriage issue. And people keep saying people want to know what really happened. Well, help me tell the people that want to know that I’ll rather talk of business and money instead of marriage. I want to move forward and talk about how to tackle piracy and move our industry forward.

Dealing with female admirers….
I handle them the way they should be handled. It is not every female that says they love your films really wants to date you. So, I take them the way they come, because in anything you do, women are the first set of people to appreciate you. They can ruin and make you. So, appreciate them and give them the respect they deserve. I just take them the way they come.

Practical ways to deal with piracy…
I’ve said it several times. We have senators and House of Representatives members in charge of entertainment. What laws have they passed regarding the industry in the last 12 years?

All these 33 associations we have should leave ego aside and come together so that we can have one voice and collectively request for that legislation that can save our industry, instead of going one after the other, to lobby for peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment