QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd

QUO Courier and Logistics Ltd
Moving you forward...

Tuesday 15 April 2014

An Ode To A Wonder Woman: Singer, Omawunmi Moves Into N100Million Lekki Mansion [Report]

Omawumi Megbele is now adjudged the highest paid female artiste in Nigeria. Evidences are all over the place at the moment, ranging from her proceeds from shows to mouth-watering endorsements, which qualified the Warri, Delta State born singer to be in the league of musicians that cruise in exotic cars and live in multi-million naira houses. The If you ask me, I’d say the crooner now smiles to the bank regularly.

Currently, she’s the only female music star with the highest number of endorsements, followed closely by another fantastic female singer, the vivacious Tiwa Savage. Omawumi is an ambassador of Glo, one of Nigeria telecommunications giants, and the endorsement is worth N25 million. She also also signed a multi-million deal with Guinness, as a face of Malta Guinness Africa. She was unveiled recently as Konga.com ambassador. The hard working singer is also the face of Mortein, where she participated in the malaria campaign across Africa.  She’s part of the Rise With The Energy of Africa and Project Alert Society.

Last week, the crooner was among the 19 African artistes invited for one.org agriculture campaign called Do Agric, It Pays, with one of the continent’s biggest musical collaborations ever, entitled, Cocoa Na Chocolate!
Unlike other artistes who go round boasting with their achievements, the gifted singer is humble. She has been described as silent achiever, who believes in the concept, Less Talk, More Action. Unknown to many, Omawumi moved into her own house at Lekki Phase 1, around Tantalizers area, Victoria Island, Lagos in January, 2014 and the edifice, Enconium Weekly gathered, gulped N100 million. During the period, the leading music star in Nigeria acquired a 2012 ML 350 Mercedes worth about N12.5 million.

All these have been made possible for her, because she has a good management team headed by the List Entertainment boss, Sunday Are. Surprisingly, Omawumi survived the already saturated and very competitive industry without a record label! Mr. Sunday Are, a guru and veteran in artiste management made it possible for the Omawumi brand to be celebrated across the world. This was also confirmed by the singer herself.
According to her, “I am really happy about the people around me. Big thanks to my father, like I call him, Mr. Sunday Are for setting up a fantastic management team, including my energetic band members. I thank God for making it possible because music is a form of enjoyment for me and I thank God that I can eat from what I enjoy doing.

“The industry has been good to me. If I must tell you the truth, apart from some bad belle people or head people, who are bent on bringing you down, they are there to make you strong. I have had opportunities of making good friends in the industry. They look up to me as their baby sister. So, the industry has been good to me and I feel very good.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment